Originally based in Sarasota, Florida, artist, John Glass, moved his studio to Deming, NM to enjoy the scenery and solitude of the wild west. Although always being a student of art and the components, placement, and composition that will make certain images pleasing to the eye and electing art classes during school his desire to create came later in life. His appreciation of his father’s artwork and of the professional artists in Indiana eventually led John to his enrollment in various classes and workshops. Being just a hobby on occasions, John ended up being a serious student of Rob O’Dell from Ladoga, Indiana and eventually entered works into the Hoosier Salon.
The inspiration continued with being accepted into the prestigious Hoosier Salon show many times with additional awards and sales.
Maintaining a working transportation office diminished the time that was devoted to painting and upon retirement, John began anew with art shows in Sarasota and the Sarasota art league which has also resulted in various awards. Recently John was awarded the Windsor and Newton Award of Excellence at The Master Works art show in Albuquerque along with an Honorable mention at the Las Cruses NMWS spring show.
John’s art is displayed in numerous homes and offices in and around Indiana and central Florida and now New Mexico.
Most images are realistic landscapes of a wide range and variety of subject matter but also include abstract and impressionistic concepts.
John’s works can be purchased as original watercolors or prints of select paintings by contacting John Glass through the web form below or by visiting THE ONYXSWAN GALLERY in old town Albuquerque, NM. or in Deming NM. at the GOLD STREET GALLERY.
We’ve got answers!
- Merit and purchase awards from the Hoosier Solon.
- 3 Honorable Mention awards from Sarasota judged competition.
- Indiana State Fair competition award.
- Windsor & Newton Award of Excellence MASTER WORKS of NM.
- Honarable Mention Award NMWSSC Spring Show.
- Use the Contact Form to contact John about availability and special orders.
- May 24-26 – 2019 SILVER CITY NM BLUES FEST. I will be in the park across from the music with all of my most popular originals and Giclee prints.